HTC & Windows Mobile Technology

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

HTC Hot fix to enhance WAP security for HTC Touch Pro

This is something I found when looking for any software updates for my Touch Pro recently on the HTC site. Some may already know this from forums of just by finding out about it like me. Not too sure whether it is only for the Touch Pro or the US variations - FUZE etc. or CDMA as well. But I've installed in ok on my TP.

When users access the Internet via wireless, some websites may present security concerns. This hot fix enhances the URL filter function in WAP (Wireless Access Protocol) security to prevent access to those web sites which are insecure.

Date: 2008-12-04

Go get it here at the HTC site (direct to TP subsite with additional Arabic upgrades as well) or download via my megaupload.com.

I picked Asia from the dropdown menu because it was the closest location from me in NZ. I've seen some people report that there was a compatibility issue with this hotfix, so don't know whether your location makes a difference. If you do get this issue, just go to the HTC site above.

Personally I haven't noticed any changes, but it's a hotfix, so maybe just install it?

Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Free Advertising