HTC & Windows Mobile Technology

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Microsoft My Phone - Simplify your life. Connect your phone to the web.

Microsoft My Phone


Microsoft has a new service called My Phone. It is essentially an online Windows Mobile (Windows Phone as it's called now) back up or syncing service. I installed it recently while it was in beta and worked ok.

Since October 6th, the official launch date of Windows Mobile 6.5, it has gone out of beta and becomes an official release. The software on my Touch Pro has been upgraded as well.

With My Phone you can:

    * Back up your phone automatically
    * Share photos on your favorite social networking sites
    * Access your contacts, text messages and more online for free
    * Locate your lost phone

It gives you 200mb of data space to save all your contacts, appointments, messages/email and even your media files like music & photos. It can also locate your lost phone! It's free to use but obviously you need some sort of data plan as well. You would also need a Windows Live ID

When I used the locate your phone service, it had the correct country and city, but it was not accurate. It was off by a few kilometers! It showed a location near Grey Street but I'm near the Hospital. This is still beta so hopefully improvements will still occur. To use this feature, you need to sync your PDA with My Phone

There are also Premium features on free trial, however NZ is not in the free trial offer. :( With this, you can lock your phone, erase your data and also it can ring your phone.

Another new feature not present in the beta version is the social networking sharing feature - you can share photos on facebook, MySpace, flickr and naturally Windows Live

Microsoft have done a good job with My Phone. If you have a Windows Mobile Phone do install this application and sync your data online.

Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Free Advertising